Sunday, May 3, 2009

Prayer request please

Hi everyone, I know that each of you are great prayer warriors and I need your help.

Kortnie Heying, our worship leader, is having a terrible bout with cancer and I would like to ask that you add her to your daily prayer list if possible. She was diagnosed with colon cancer last fall and immediately had her colon removed and several subsequent surgeries for complications. She has since also has had part of her liver removed and now is scheduled for an MRI of the brain on Tuesday. It is very uncommon for colon cancer to metatisize in the brain, but she is experiencing some abnormal effects of the treatments and they want to rule all possibilities out before they decide on the next round of treatment.
Kortnie is 30 years old and one incredibly amazing woman of faith. She is such an inspiration to all that meet her as she is weathering this storm with utlimate grace. Never has she questioned why or lashed out at God, but accepted this as part of her plan, that God will use for His glory. I shudder at the thought of what my reactions would be in the same situation and already know that God has directly used Kortnie in my life showing me the example I should be when I tread through what seems to me overwhelming... but in the grand scheme of things I am so incredibly lucky that God loves me and is holding me in the palm of his hand.

I so love and appreciate each of you and thank you so much for your faithfullness and support. Please know that special prayers are sent up on your behalf and that you are counted as my most precious blessings.

Thanks!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2