Friday, January 9, 2009

I want to thank the Academy...


Imagine my suprise when I got a message from my friend Amy who asked me to go to her blog because she had something for me... I did... and WOW! I have been given an award!!!


THANKS AMY! I never would have imagined that a mere 2 weeks (give or take) that I would be given an award for my ramblings... its all in good fun. I see there are some rules though. Let's see if I can comply!


The rules for this one are to admit 5 addictions and then pass the award onto another 5 blogs.
5 things I am addicted to:
1. Anything carbonated and caffeniated! Seriously, If I could quit I think that I would instantly lose 30 lbs!
2. The computer... whether it being this blog, email, Y! IM, or Google... I'm there! Multiple times a day.
3. Reading... I don't get near enough time to do it though. But most days you can find me with a book in my hand... sometimes if its only long enough to read a line or two...
4. People Magazine. It's my guilty pleasure and to my amusement my husband has grown just as addicted. He usually is seen reading (or should I say hunting) through its pages trying to find articles, ads or snippets about Hayden Panetiere! I didn't include it in reading because I don't honestly think theres enough intellectual information between the covers to rate it that highly. LOL
5. Laundry! I must be addicted to laundry and dishes because I can't seem to go more than a few hours with having to do a load of each!

The 5 people I choose to award this to are:
1. Melissa, because she can lift me up more than anyone when I'm down and she always seems to be writing what I'm thinking! Her blog is Live and Love http://melissa-partain.blogspot.com/.

2. Amy, because my memories of homeschooling my kids are forever kept with stories of her own AND her writing of her daily life brings giggles to anyone who reads. Cheeky Cocoa Beans http://cheekycocoabean.blogspot.com/.

3. Mardi, because she's the family member I'm closest to and she is the mom of the cutest little boy ever~ Brock! Check her out at A Day in the Life of Mardi http://mardiandbrock.blogspot.com/... btw, her title and picture is enough to bring a hearty laugh!

4. Tails from Groomer, Ang. I have never had the pleasure of meeting her, but her stories of her Bullterriers make me smile. AND she's sweet enough to follow my daily rantings. That should account for something! http://groomerang.blogspot.com/

5. Beth Moore... She's gotten me thru some really tough times and in the mean time taught me alot about being a believer and a woman of GOD! http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/
I have such admiration for each woman listed here. They each make up a very important part of my life and hopefully, if you get the chance, you'll check out each one and find a blessing in each of their stories.





4 comments:

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

Well. you're welcome, and thank you for the award! :) I'll have to check out the other ladies you passed on the award to.

Groomer Angie said...

WOW! I am so excited! Thank you so much for the award! Now, if I can figure out how to get it posted on my blog, we'll be in business. LOL

brocks*mom said...

YAY! I won something! First time ever. Oh wait, I won $70 at the KY Derby once. Thanks for the award. I guess I have to post something now.

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

I'm praying for you Danielle! GOD is most glorified when we are most satisfied in HIM! We have a hope that others do not.

GOD is our source of strength and HE will be faithful.

Blessings,
Teri

Swidget 1.0 2