A good friend of mine just posted a "100 Things" post about herself, I think that is a fabulous idea... so I'm following her lead. Hopefully, my scattered brain will be able to keep up with it annually. :) You are an inspiration AMY!
So here goes... Maybe you'll learn something about me you never expected.
1. I'm a stay at home mother to 5 wonderful children with ages ranging from 15 to 11 months.
2. I am absolutely, irrevocably in love with my husband and believe that he is sent from God, himself.
3. I grew up in Decatur, AL.
4. I homeschooled my kids for 3 years (and loved every minute of it!).
5. I live in a house with many, many snakes!
6. My favorite TV shows are almost all products of HGTV or TLC.
7. My favorite color is green.
8. I suffer from migraine headaches and I mean S~U~F~F~E~R.
9. Growing up I wanted to be an artist.
10. In college I majored in art, biology, computer science, marketing, education and religion.
11. I have yet to complete a degree in any of those.
12. One day I will complete my college degree and walk across the stage at graduation!
13. I love tattoos and body modification.
14. I have one tattoo (more planned) and my ears guaged to 4's. Don't worry... I don't look like a native, it is very conservative.
15. I want to attend Tattoo school in Shreveport, LA.
16. I actually was awarded a $1000 scholarship to the above school, but was unable to attend due to financial difficulties.
17. I collect giraffes and giraffe related items.
18. I teach JH Clubhouse at my church ONLY when Bekah is not attending.
19. I am absolutely UNABLE to teach when she is in attendance due to her clingyness.
20. I never realized just how much love my heart could hold until I met Eric.
21. I never realized that this is how a marriage is supposed to work.
22. My sanity is directly related to my walk with God.
23. My favorite scripture is Romans 8:28.
24. The above scripture states the following : And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
25. I thank God daily for my friends and family's support and prayers.
26. My first car was a 1977 Toyota Corolla. Everyone at Decatur High called it the Toyota "Crayola" because right after I got it I wrecked it and my granddad refused to get it repainted.
27. My second car was a 1987 Chrysler Lebaron. I LOVED it because it had a cup holder!
28. My FAVORITE car was a 1989 Ford Mustang, which I named Gertie. She was such a great car, I gave her to my sister who then gave her to my brother. Finally she was laid to rest about 2 years ago.
29. I miss that car.
30. I am way to dependent on the internet.
31. My husband says my only fault is that I ignore everyone when I get on said internet.
32. I am appalled that my husband thinks I have faults. ::::wink:::::
33. I am addicted to DARK chocolate.
34. Today I am a happy camper because I have found Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Brownies.
35. I have found that I can appreciate Zombie movies.
36. I am finding this list difficult to finish.
37. I have a longing for gagets.
38. I have a "touch" of OCD when it comes to arranging my kitchen cabinets.
39. My canned goods must be organized by product so that I can just glance to see what I need to buy at the store.
40. My husband doesn't get why I have to arrange things in such a way, or why it disturbs me when they are out of place.
41. Up until recently (within the last 10 years) I was deathly afraid of speaking in public.
42. Now the only fear I have is losing my family. Everything else pales in comparison.
43. One day I would love to own my own tattoo shop.
44. I am ashamedly a reality show addict. I just can't help but watch.
45. Knowing my addiction, I try to keep the tv set on HGTV.
46. I drink way too many carbonated drinks.
47. My favorite movie of all time is Beautiful Girls with Tim Hutton and a VERY young Natalie Portman.
48. I think if I were separated from my computer for a lengthy time, I might combust.
49. I met my husband on myspace, even though we went to school together.
50. Not only did Eric and I go to school together, we also worked at the same place at the same time and NEVER met.
51. My middle son has been diagnosed as to "falling into the Autistic Spectrum".
52. Even though I had my tubes tied for "practical reasons" I cried for three weeks after seeing the love in my husband's eyes for our youngest son.
53. If I could make the decision to tie my tubes again, I would refuse.
54. My dream is to adopt a baby girl from China one day.
55. Sometimes I cry for no reason.
56. My favorite ice cream right now is Mayfield Snow Cream.
57. Mayfield Snow Cream reminds me of my childhood when my Papaw would make it.
58. I lived with my great-grandparents until I was 15.
59. Mamaw and Papaw were great inspirations to me, they took us in while they were in their 70's.
60. I'm not sure that I could raise children in my 70's.
61. I know that if I NEEDED to raise kids in my 70's I would certainly try.
62. I have the best friends in the world.
63. I have new red glasses.
64. My mother and I had a very tulmultous relationship, but now we are good.
65. I am a bonafide "Daddy's girl".
66. That being said, My grandparents are my favorite people in the world.
67. My favorite meal is grilled Tuna and baked potatoes.
68. Unless we are eating Japanese.
69. I'd rather eat Japanese than any other "eating out" place in the world.
70. I am learning humility and grace by living with my mother in law.
71. I am very grateful and thankful for my mother in law.
72. The mysterious plant that Tyler found by the creek was just identified as NOT being wacky weed by the Fayette County Drug Taskforce.
73. I am very THANKFUL that we do not have wacky weed growing on my mother in laws property.
74. I have great expectations for working outside this spring.
75. I can't believe I've already gotten thru this list by 3/4ths.
76. My husband makes me laugh more than any one person on the planet besides my kids.
77. I am amazed that my husband can control my emotions with just a touch.
78. I wish I had more time to read.
79. It is taking me forever to read "The Visitation" by Peretti.
80. The best book I have read is "The Shack".
81. It changed my perspective on God and His relationship with me.
82. I have a fear of spiders, well bugs in general.
83. But I will pick up a snake.
84. Well, I will pick up SOME snakes. Our granite burmese in particular.
85. I hope one day to own an AKC English Bulldog.
86. I love to sing, but will not sing in front of anyone.
87. My all time favorite group is Steely Dan.
88. Steely Dan is a band not a person, and you probably will remember them by their song "Riki Don't Lose My Number."
89. I cannot stand "Riki Don't Lose My Number."
90. My Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Brownies are finally done and cooling.
91. My favorite song is "Lead Me To The Cross"
92. I realize the older I get the more I need to rely on the Lord.
93. The ham and chesse sandwich from the Slick Lizard in Jasper, AL will be served on the Streets of Gold.
94. Along with them will be the barbeque cheese fries.
95. I'm not very health conscious when it comes to my favorite foods.
96. If I had my choice between all the money in the world and a meager living with my family I would always choose my family.
97. Since having 5 kids my organizational skills have gone out the window.
98. You would think that it would get better with the amount of new responsibility, but somehow it got lost in translation.
99. I have definitely surprised myself by completing this.
100. I have learned alot about myself. Hope you have too!
1 week ago