Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas is OVAH!


This year has been tough, job cuts and unexpected bills made Christmas a little less than fun for the adults... I guess it really sank into the kids, especially Bekah, when after returning from Nana Linda's Christmas dinner that we announced "Christmas is over!" and promptly took down the tree and all the corresponding decor.


Today, while running errands, Bekah and I (and Mack) had to make a quick stop at the grocery. When she stepped out of the car she questioned "Why is Santa still on the window?" I told her that they probably didn't have time to clean him off.
She continued to ask me questions, some related to the lingering Christmas fare and others that any self-respecting 4 year old would ask... such as "Can I please have a prize??? I am helping you with groceries..."
As we finished up our shopping and waited in line, we finally made it to our checker who very cheerfully told Bekah "hello". No sooner, I honestly don't think she even allowed the hello to properly finish when she (with quite a scowl on her face) said "ummmm, excuse me... don't you know that Christmas is OVAH?"


2 comments:

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

I think Bekah has the same "accent" as my little girl. She, too, says "ovah" and, my fav, "fa-evah." At least she said "excuse me"! :) I truly hope this is a much better year for y'all. Love ya!

brocks*mom said...

OVAH! That's great! pssst...I have a blog too:) I just never sent it around since it is LAME.

Swidget 1.0 2